Location: Rogers, AR
Job Description & Other Information
Position: Category Manager
The Category Manager will partner with the internal Category & Shopper Insight team to drive for category, shopper, and retailer insights to position Company as a “Thought Leader” with Walmart.
This position reports to the Senior Category Management Team Lead and is responsible for providing coaching, training, and guidance to a direct report ensuring high customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include providing advanced analytics, shopper and consumer insights, and category recommendations to internal and external customers. Candidates will have advanced knowledge of each retailer’s structure, in market strategies, assortment and merchandising. Candidates must have the ability to influence the customer at multiple retail levels. Individuals must have the ability to identify and report findings, opportunities, and make recommendations; develop effective and accurate reporting tools.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage and lead internal personnel to deliver category management principals to the customer
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with Walmart Buyers through objective detailed analysis, insight development and presentation
- Work seamlessly with onsite and offsite sales personnel to deliver shopper and customer insights and understanding
- Ability to train and develop category management personnel on the utilization and application of business analytic tools (Nielsen Analytic Suite, SpacePlanning, Retail Link, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
- Engage in Planogramming/Modular process
- Ability to identify key business opportunities for the category at a macro and micro level
- Ability to build, apply, and deliver shopper and consumer research
- Conduct detailed analysis and reporting, utilizing the appropriate information resources.
- Penetrate retailer to build relationship
Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2 years of category management experience with a total of 4 years of CPG experience
- 3 years of experience in analyzing and interpreting data with 1 year of team/project management experience
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by the ability to influence activities of individual team members towards goals
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan
- Excellent written / oral communication skills to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning/organizing skills that lend to managing major projects simultaneously
- Able to establish and attain high standards for self and team
- Able to provide clear direction, make decisions, and solve problems
Request Information About This Position