Location: Rogers, AR
Title: Category Development Manager
The Category Development Manager for the Walmart team performs a valuable role in building a strong partnership with Walmart by developing and implementing specific programs to deliver against category and customer priorities. This position reports to the Company Vice President/General Manager, Walmart.
- Build revenue and profit by applying category management principles and business analysis best practices to identify key category drivers and implement business recommendations to drive growth
- Translate internal knowledge into action to identify opportunities in the assigned retailer and facilitating solution development with the account team and other team members.
- Establish and deliver best-in-class merchandising recommendations .
- Assist with any research and lead projects to deliver category solutions benefiting both the customer and the category
- Develop and employ standardized processes for SKU rationalization and new item projections.
- Assist in developing and fostering, through timely and professional communication, business relationships with key contacts that establish Company as lead source for all Category development needs.
- Provide Category Management reporting, trend analysis, customized customer reports, and special project work
- Provide and conduct ongoing ad hoc analytics to support Category Management.
- Collaborate with the Customer, gain alignment on plan and key supporting tactics
- Provide updates to management on competitive activity (both at Customer and in the market), Customer specific strategy changes, key marketplace updates and other business related activities
- Conduct category analysis by utilizing current consumer and category insights and KPI reports. Analyze the category, the customer and the consumer information to make strategic business building decisions
- Evaluate post event analytical support to determine profitability and ROI of trade funded events – determine areas for improvement and increased trade efficiencies;
- Collaborates with the customer to continually refine future plans
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of Consumer Packaged Goods experience, primarily within Category Management
- Prior experience working with IRI/Nielsen syndicated and panel data required
- Prior experience working directly with account teams at Walmart
- Ability to work well in a team environment and have a demonstrated ability to operate at all levels within an organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior operational forecasting experience and analyzing consumer trends
- Superior interpersonal skills (verbal, non?verbal)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Customer, gain trust and respect
Request Information About This Position