Location: Rogers, AR
Position: Category Manager
Help top tier, fast paced, branded market leader grow as W-M Category Manager. Looking for person with strong category skills, including advisor ideally, innovative mindset, and ability to help build. You will develop winning category management solutions through objective insights & analysis which lead to recommendations on category assortment, distribution, and placement decisions along with broader aisle recommendations to support category growth at your customers. You will also act as the subject matter expert to the internal organization on all things related to category development at Walmart. You will help the company build an ever closer relationship leading to continual increases in category responsibility (advisorships, etc). This is a growing category team and this is a new role on that team!
The company wants a developmental manager, a person who wants to grow into roles of increasing responsibility in the sales function (category, insights, sales, headquarters, etc).
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of Category Management or related CPG experience.
• Prior Category Captaincy and Walmart Advisorship experience required.
• Retail Link and syndicated data experience required (IRI, Nielsen, NPD).
• Space Management Software experience required (JDA Space Planning, Apollo).
• Excel experience with ability to manipulate data, create pivot tables, functions and formulas.
• PowerPoint experience with ability to create compelling, easy to understand, fact based stories.
• Demonstrates effective communication and negotiation skills with customer and internal teams to gain alignment on mutual goals. Build relationships quickly.
• Ability to influence one level up and down in a cross functional matrix organization.
Request Information About This Position