Location: Bentonville, AR
Job Description & Other Information
TITLE: Assistant Finance Manager
About the Position
The Assistant Finance Manager will help support HQ in all accounting closing duties (Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly). Responsible, under limited supervision, for financial reporting and analysis. Participate in month-end closing, ad hoc accounting and various financial duties. Assist in budgeting and inter-company transactions. Analyze actual operating results of each department through the year and compare to monthly forecast and yearly plan and interpret data and present results to management. Respond to budget related requests for financial data. Perform fiscal and variance analysis on a variety of issues in support of and to facilitate budgetary decision making. Prepare monthly budget analysis reports for each department and analyze variance amount. Provide financial management reports as needed to management. Resolve budget error problems, including trouble shooting and reminding users of company policy. Facilitate Vendor Management. Perform other finance or administrative support projects and tasks assigned by financial management.
Specific to the Walmart/Sam’s Club Account:
- Support all monthly analysis of coop approvals through retail link and internal funding.
- Maintain accounting and buyer relationships to help resolve outstanding issues.
- Research possible post audits with our third party post audit team Harvest Revenue.
- Help support our National Account Managers of each category with budgetary questions.
- Prepare the monthly forecast estimate, quarterly projection, annual operating plan, and long-range plan.
- Persistently handle all chargebacks related to this account.
- 5+ years of experience in the accounting or finance field.
- Computer Skills: Requires strong computer skills including generating spreadsheets, word processing and power point templates.
- Experience with SAP financial applications preferred.
- Expertise of Retail Link a plus.
- Relationship management and strong communication skills (verbally and written).
- Able to quickly distill and effectively communicate the key aspects of a variety of issues affecting the business.
- Self-driven to independently complete tasks without specific timelines/direction.
- Uses knowledgeable curiosity to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Must have expertise of mining and manipulating complex financial data in Excel.
- Basic knowledge of all business cycles, systems and processes that impact Sales and Operations.
Request Information About This Position